The End of Days RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For RPs dealing with The End of Days OCT.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last Airbender

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 20]

226Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:57 pm

SilverDragonetsu

SilverDragonetsu

Coden Passed off Pala, biased on whether he was grateful to have her off his hands or not. He had enjoyed her meager bouts of pain; there is no doubt about it. Something else, though, kept interrupting his mental glee. A tiny nagging voice in the back of his mind; alien to his natural subconscious. Dampening the satisfaction of seeing Pala writhe and moan in agony. He knew he wanted her to suffer. He'd instantly taken on a mental wrath towards Pala when she put Alexis in peril. Forget the peace he'd comprised to the group. To Alexis. His peace and his patience had crumbled to an unstable state, and now all he could think of was...

He must have been making faces. From the corner of his eyes, Coden caught the bald child staring at him. More than just staring. The child was really looking at him with a focused intensity. His body language timid and maybe a little nervous, but over all bold and confrontational. It was as if the boy knew something. Or wanted to say something, by the he sucked in a cautionary breath air. A rather... deep... breath at that.

Anticipating what accusation or question of formality this regal little boy may have to say to him, Coden would never hear it. His attention swiftly diverted to the little monkey-bat roosting in Gales hair. He watched with mild interest as the odd creature was collected and Gale left relatively calm.

He waited a half a second to see if the child might try approaching him again. All confidence he'd built up had left the smallish boys shoulders though. And he fell back into line with the rest of his group. Still watching Coden warily. Shrugging off any curiosity towards the odd behavior, Coden stepped up to the cart and checked on Alexis, whom decided now of all times to suddenly make herself known. Her proposition perking the attention of the children.

Cursing silently, Coden tugged a tarp up to Alexis' shoulders. that was the last thing he needed. Alexis recruiting more subordinate for her army against Tarot. While this may be neutral grounds for them, He wasn't about to allow her to drag more...children in the least...into Tarots war.

"What resistance?" The bald child piped up, suddenly curious.

"Nothing. Just a drinking game. She's a little indisposed, as you can see. Probably thinks we're still at the last bar..."

"Oh. I see." the boy laughed sheepishly to himself.

Coden could tell the boy expected otherwise of the white lie. Could tell he was building up that confidence again. "NEXT!" Coden plundered up to the front desk and slipped his passport. The woman stamped it. He took the passport and stuffed it in his sleeve and ushered his 'friends' on towards the gates.

"Hurry, dearest cousin. We don't want to be any later than we are," Coden muttered to Angelique, loading her and Pala into the cart as the farmer began moving along.

http://silver-dragonestu.deviantart.com

227Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:44 pm

Ice-Spirit Phoenix

Ice-Spirit Phoenix
Admin

Angelique waved off the apologies the girl gave for not being able to heal Pala any further. "It's fine, I'm sure you did your best." Keep a straight face and reassure her that it's fine. Perhaps even pretend to be a little worried. It took a fair bit of effort, but she finally did manage to convince the girl that all was well and that they could go on their merry way. Of course she hadn't thought about the fact that the others were busy making friends with the group as well.

When Alexis asked the boy about joining the resistance Angelique began to wonder whether or not she could find her own way off the planet. Before she could seriously consider the idea as a viable options, however, they were being ushered forward onto the ferry and thankfully away from the group. Hopping back onto the cart, she watched as distance was put between them and the shore.

"Well that could've turned into an utter disaster," Angelique quipped after the Ferry had begun to move. She looked Alexis over, trying to decide if she was likely to be blurting anything else out to random strangers, before jumping down off the cart.

"We should have time to collect ourselves while in this Ba Sing Se place and figure out what we're going to do next," she said.

Trusting that they would keep themselves out of trouble during the ride, Angelique left the group for the front of the boat, leaning out over the side well away from the others, letting her mind drift and wander. Despite the spray of water it was rather nice there. Dealing with that group was starting to take its toll on her nerves and she really didn't know how much longer she'd be able to stand them or be able to hold herself together enough to keep them moving. Unfortunately somebody needed to be the level-headed one in that group and the only other real candidate was nearly catatonic.

Leaning her head on her hands, she rubbed her temples. It was strange just how quickly these people made her temper spring up. Usually she could hold it in if the need arose...obviously as she had to deal with far more aggravating people on a day to day basis whilst running her company. Not now, though. Ever since returning from her trip into Alexis' head to find the girl going into that state (a fine thank you for all the effort she'd gone through to try and help her as well as a reminder why she usually didn't bother helping people anymore) she had been on edge, barely keeping her temper at bay and ready to snap at anything.

Which was why she had gone off to be alone for a while, tolerating the spray of water over the presence of the others.

'Hmm...this is a ship, which means there has to be mechanics of some sort here...even if they are rudimentary...'

Glancing around, she strolled over to a likely-looking door and slipped through, deciding to explore the ship, and perhaps make a few improvements to take her mind off of things.

http://ice-spiritphoenix.deviantart.com/

228Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:04 pm

jared-hai is amazing

jared-hai is amazing

Pala was at an all time low. Seriously injured, home sick, culture shocked, lonely, tired, and the fact that she hadn't seen any good looking men in quite a while put a downer on her too.
What was she thinking, attacking Alexis like that? She surely had gone mad. What happened to the level headed, indifferent girl she used to be? She wished she were more like angelique, but then again, angelique wasn't human.
She was no more comfotable during her sleep, either. He dreams were plagued with burning forests, men being caught in flames, where she was helpless to do anything but watch as their skin and flesh would melt from their bodies. That was one of the disadvantages of being a shaman - her dreams were very vivid. She would try to stay awake for a while, enjoying the incredible view.
Pala had never seen a sea, or an ocean before. such a large mass of water excited her to no end, but she found herself supremely dissapointed that her injuries prevented her from experimenting with the vast quantites of water all around her.
Fortune enjoyed games of it's own, apprently.

229Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:44 pm

Kosumosu

Kosumosu

Alexis tossed and turned in her sleep, muttering under her breath. The dreams were worse than normal, unable to break away. Unable to stop herself from ripping, gutting, burning, and tearing into the figures that surrounded her. As the towering ziggurats tumbled and burned, she attacked and killed those fleeing in the city. What scared her the most was that she felt…. Happy…. About this in the dream. It felt good, power coursing through her, grabbing onto someone and slamming them to the ground. Plasma burning skin and muscle away, hands drenched in blood as she felt their spine crack in her hand. Staring into the lifeless eyes of someone she vaguely remembered from the Resistance. Going to the next familiar face, to slaughter them as she had dozens before.

Long tendrils of shadows from everywhere clung to her, the centerpiece of the dark macabre spectacle. Wrapped around her, seeping in and out of her skin. Guiding and leading her through the motions, a flesh and body puppet. Seeping into her mind like cold ink. The shadows began to spread out unnaturally as the girl continued the massacre, devouring buildings and corpses. Began engulfing the trees and mountains. Reached upwards towards the sky, until all was covered in the shadows, slowly decomposing into nothing. Eventually Alexis stopped, realizing that there was absolutely nothing left, and as she looked down at herself, she realized that she too was gone, replaced entirely with the shadows.

……………………………………………………………..

Alexis gasped for air as she shot up. Feeling rather ill, she lay back down, curling up as she tried to go back to sleep. Every time she closed her eyes she saw visions of the dreams playing out through her mind. Eventually she gave up and wandered off, avoiding the congregated groups of people that were still awake, apparently reaping the rewards of a kitchen raid. She had a large blanket wrapped around herself, to try to stave off the night’s chill.

She found a large barrel of water that some others had grouped around, waiting silently as they filled buckets or simply drank and left. When she was finally alone, she went up and found a small ladle and took a sip of the tepid water. Pouring out the rest of the water from the ladle onto her sore hands, which stung as the liquid hit the half healed cuts. She eventually returned to the side of the ship her companions were located, not saying a word as she leaned over the railing, staring off at the sky and water, lost in thought.

http://kosumosu.deviantart.com/

230Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:53 pm

Unknown-Variable

Unknown-Variable

The boy stayed close to Alexis throughout the ride to the ferry and as she slept as well. He looked at her dreaming, mind blank. Coherent thoughts were slipping from his mind. Memories slowly surfaced and he didn't like them. So he let them all go, curling his knees up to his chest and watching Alexis moan and toss and turn in her sleep.

Then she shot up. Gale guessed she didn't see him back there in the dark corner of the room because she didn't say anything to him. Just lied back down and tried to sleep again before getting up. The boy stayed in the cart a while longer before heading out himself. He wanted to make sure she wasn't there.

The cloak was discarded in the cart and he wandered about, trying to ignore the uneasy stares he got. He could hear some of the whisperings about his wing. And his dark skin. And his golden eyes. "Is he water tribe... or fire nation?" "Can't be fire nation-" "-mutant?" "Dragon?"

The boy ignored them as best he could, but when someone got to close, the wing snapped open to scare them off.

Too many people. He didn't like it. After his sitting on the railing was interrupted for what seemed like the thousandth time, he hopped down, grumbling about how he couldn't just look at the water. Why wouldn't they just shut up and leave him alone?! Slowly, he headed back to the cart, resigned to having to hide in it for the rest of the trip.

http://www.unknown-variable.deviantart.com

231Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:53 pm

jared-hai is amazing

jared-hai is amazing

She couldn't take this anymore, laying on her front like a worm. She'd wrap herself up, and get up. She needed to get out, and practice her elementalism. She needed to get better, she couldn't be defeated like that again.

It was a slow, gruelling process, yet she managed to pull herself up, withstanding the protestful stings of her back. The old man driving the cat had left some cloth, and earth-kingdom clothing to wear, thankfully, as most of what was wearing had been ruined by the flame. Locking the door, she got undressed and wrapped her wounds with the cloth, then got dressed in a rush. She still hurt, but at least she had managed to get up and look after herself.

The first thing on her list of things to do?
Play with the water!

232Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:01 pm

Kosumosu

Kosumosu

Alexis stared at the water for a long time, pondering over the implications of what Angelique unearthed by entering into her mind. None of them were good, and it left her rather depressed. They still had a while to go before they reached the city, where she hoped to find a way to get them back to Fragment. From there? She didn’t know… She wasn’t sure if it was safe for her to be around all those people in the Resistance anymore….

She watched as Pala made her way slowly and what looked to be painfully down towards the side of the ship nearby. Glancing over towards her, she watched as the woman summoned up a bit of the water up towards her. Alexis looked rather morose as she wrapped up the blanket around herself. She noticed the large burn on the woman… and she knew that the last time she was fully aware of her actions, she had been with Pala…. It wasn’t hard for her to come to a certain conclusion, “…..Hey Pala…….. Sorry about attacking you before…… I…..I…….” She turned back towards the water, supporting her weight on the railing.

233Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:28 pm

jared-hai is amazing

jared-hai is amazing

Pala winced, hating herself all at once when it was alexis apologizing to her. She had never felt more guilty in her life.
"No...please...forgive me, i never understood what i was doing. I...never meant to kill you, i was trying to awaken your powers...forcefully...i think, something in me was emptied when i took yours, coden's and gale's hands. I thought...if i made you seriously think your life was at stake, you'd be able to invoke your power again, and then take us home..but i went too far...please, forgive me." Pala sighed, noticing Alexis' reaction towards her burns. "I suppose i deserved the burns from those fire soldiers, after what i almost did to you..."

234Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:51 pm

Kosumosu

Kosumosu

Alexis felt a little bit relieved with the knowledge that she didn’t cause the burns. That was one thing off of the guilt list. “…Pala… It’s ok… It’s not something anyone could have considered…. I’m sorry….” Alexis stared at the water for a little while, still feeling a little sick from before.

“But… I’m not sure if I’d be able to get my powers back so easily…” She stared down at one of her hands, unclenched for a moment to stare at the badly healing rune mark on her hand, before hiding it away again. “I’m sure that the #@$#@!%&$ Tarot Bastard did this, and created that rift… I just don’t know what to do about it yet…. Or if I should even try…. I’m sure that you’ll get whatever piece you lost in time. It’s gotta be in there somewhere…”

235Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:07 pm

jared-hai is amazing

jared-hai is amazing

Pala found herself looking at the floor for a few moments, then looked up at Alexis.
"We...need to stick together, and i havn't helped at all.." On a rather strange, non-pala impulse, she held one of Alexis' hands, then pulled her close for a hug.
"I want to make up for what i did to you, for what i put you through. Let me teach you how to use the wind powers you have been given."

236Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:24 pm

Ice-Spirit Phoenix

Ice-Spirit Phoenix
Admin

It was a rather interesting feeling to be down in the bowels of the ship. Despite some close calls with the crew of the vessel, Angelique found herself down near the mechanisms for the paddle wheel.

"Interesting that they've gotten this to work when I didn't see a smoke stack," Angelique mused, watching the gears turned. Perhaps these people were smart enough to use their elemental powers for things like this. That was the kind of thing she preferred to do, after all.

After a while of watching, she climbed down closer to the mechanisms, careful not to catch her rather baggy clothing and glad that her hair was already bundled up in the scarf. It was a shame she didn't know for sure where to find tools in this place, she could've easily worked with this. The mechanics were insanely simple in comparison to what she was now used to. Deciding to do what she could without tools, she began tinkering, using the ones she carried with her when she could. See if they didn't make better speed with a tune-up.

Finally there was nothing else she could do and so rather than wait down there to be caught (as she wasn't sure of their views on women as mechanics in this world) she took off back up to the deck and back toward the others. She had calmed down more than enough to be able to tolerate their presence again. For a while at least.

As she slunk out of the door, closing it softly behind her, Angelique had turned to head back to the cart when she noticed Pala and Alexis standing nearby. After a brief hesitation, she went over.

"Considering the state of your back, should you really be up, Pala?" she asked, giving the woman a rather bland look which quickly focused in on Alexis. "And Alexis...I see you're back with us in reality."

Okay, so maybe she was still a little annoyed at everyone.

237Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:41 pm

Kosumosu

Kosumosu

Alexis, while rather odded out by Pala’s sudden embrace, was thankful when the topic shifted away from herself and Pala’s earlier interactions. “….Sure” She said, eventually breaking away from the hug. She wasn’t sure if this was a good idea, but she didn’t know what else she could do at this point. Once she was in the city, she’d have to find out what the people there knew about different kinds of magic. Until then….

“….About what happened before…. Could-“ Before she could finish the sentence, Angelique approached the two of them. Her presence unnerved her for some reason. She couldn’t put a finger on it…. Probably because the woman had ventured inside of her… Knew more than she’d ever want to admit… She backed away from the two of them, feeling rather self conscious, “…I… I suppose I am?”

238Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:33 pm

jared-hai is amazing

jared-hai is amazing

"I'm fine, i don't want to stay down all day, like a cripple...i had to...make reparations anyhow." Well...that was enough awkward talk.
"I'm going to the back of the ship. To practice."

She hastily departed and found he way to the rear of the ship. It felt weird watching all this water around her, as the ship plowed through, soft white foam spraying into the air.
Lifting her arms, she brought two long tentacles of water up, making them follow the ship, she lefted another with one hand, then another, and even more, until she had eight up at once, like a giant octopus. For some reason, she felt her affinity with water strengthened, as if it was something she was at one with...all this water was heaven for her, and she knew she no longer had any limits. She let the tentacles drop, and prepared something greated. Forming an image in her head, she begen forming water together under the surface. A few people had gathered to see this "water bender" at work. Eventually, after a few minutes, a figure burst free, a magnficent winged dragon flying high above the ship, perfectly formed water holding it together. The detail was so fine that even the wings flapped, the head moved around as if it were searching the boat below, tongue rolling in anticipation of a potential feast. It dropped down onboard, pala closely following it.
She made it waalk up to a crowd of shocked onlookers, and had it freeze into a sculpture of pure ice right before their eyes.
"I love the sea." Pala giggled.

239Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Ice-Spirit Phoenix

Ice-Spirit Phoenix
Admin

Angelique watched Pala leave without much reaction. When the woman had gone from view, she focused back in on Alexis.

"You look uncomfortable," she observed. "I'm not about to go back into your head again if that's what you're thinking. In fact I think it better if we just forget that little incident ever happened. Just do me a favor and refrain from going back into any deliriums based on the event. You were trying to recruit a twelve-year-old child into the resistance earlier. Your dear fiance had to come up with a quick excuse to cover for you."

The phoenix drifted off into silence, watching the water below them. Off on the edge of her vision, she could see Pala playing with her dragon creation. Lifting a hand, she draped it out over the edge and held it over the water, feeling the spray. She almost wondered if she would ever be able to get the hang of using her abilities in this strange world, or if they would even be there long enough for her to try. She certainly hoped not. Heads would roll if she were stuck there that long...

For a moment she let her thoughts drift, eyes unfocused as something seemed to almost crawl through her mind, a thought just beyond reach that the harder she tried to reach it, the further it went away. Then she snapped back to reality, withdrawing her hand from the mist and shaking the water off onto the deck.

Abruptly she began walking away toward the cart. "I'm going to get some sleep," she announced. Might as well make use of the farmer's hospitality while it lasted. They'd be on their own once they reached the shore, and who knew what they would find there.

240Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Kosumosu

Kosumosu

Alexis watched Angelique for a moment, worried about her. There was something…. Off…. Something about her aura unsettled her. But she didn’t know all that much about her… Maybe that was normal for her?

As Angelique went off to the cart and the others, she stayed by the railing. It wasn’t like she was planning on getting sleep any time soon… Soon she was lost in thought, her mind wandering off as the moon rose high in the sky. Most of the passengers had fallen asleep, they still had a few hours before they would land on the other side of the massive inland sea. She stared at the water lapping up towards her, reminding her momentarily of the shadows from her dream and she edged away from the side of the boat, settling herself by a more comforting looking red haired companion. “…..Hi…”

241Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:05 pm

Unknown-Variable

Unknown-Variable

The boy had hidden away in the cart, curling up in a corner. He wanted to go outside. He wanted to feel the wind and look at the sea. But everyone stared at him and whispered and there were some other kids that had tried to pull his wing right off.

He couldn't take the jeers and stares for long, so he slept in the cart instead. It wasn't that bad - he needed the rest.

But his sleep was interrupted and his ear perked. Cracking an eye open, he saw the pink-haired woman. The gold reflected strangely in the shadows of the cart, wing rustling slightly as a warning to the lady to not get too close. Then he settled back down into the hat, eyes closing, ears still twitching at Angelique.

242Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:42 pm

SilverDragonetsu

SilverDragonetsu

While the rest of his companions had gone off to do is they pleased on the barge, Coden had found himself settled heavily into a platform. Unable to make himself move, even to indulge in the company of Gale or Alexis. It wasn't that he was bothered by anything. Or avoiding or recluse from anyone. Even while the water compromised an impending doom upon his soul, that didn't make him fear it anymore than he should.

Beyond his comprehension, though, a strange, sickening churning in his stomach had glued the Gyspus to the nearest seat. Forcing him to battle out the rare, personal experience that was sea-sickness.

He'd tried once or twice to walk off the illness swimming in his stomach. Though each time he neared the edge of the ship, where Alexis stood alone his knees lock and his stomach lurch.
"I don't...ugh...get it...I've never felt so sick on the water..hurk...in my life..."

Swallowing salty lumps of would be sickness, Coden tried to hold his own. Straightening his posture and crossing his arms over his stomach. Feigning a casual facade. The mask almost slipped when Alexis abruptly joined him. Teeth clenched tight, he forced a happy little smile and forced himself to greet her, only hoping the contents of his empty stomach did not spill out with whatever he spoke.
"Alexandria," he stated gently. Taking a piece of comfort in the formality of her name. "Are you well? You look troubled." He was certain she boded more well than he.

243Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:36 pm

Kosumosu

Kosumosu

Alexis curled up next to Coden, quiet for a little while. That innocent question seemed to bring everything back up again. All of her pent up feelings welled up inside her, churning around in a painful array. She took a deep breath as she tried to stuff those feelings down, eventually returning to an emotional flat line. “….Nothing that I can’t figure out…” She said as she glanced over at Coden. He didn’t look so well… “Are you feeling alright?”

244Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:22 pm

jared-hai is amazing

jared-hai is amazing

Pala continued playing at the edge of the ship, finding herself entertaining a crowd now, raising tired and aching spirits. She was anjoying herself greatly, with this unknown affinity letting her feel on top of the world - she felt as if she could do anything, and she was pushing her limits further and further. Her latest spectacle was a pack of wolves bursting free from the water, running up the side of the ship onto deck, and proceeding to play with each other, ducking and diving through the crowd harmlessly. Anybody who did get in the way of a wolf was soaked as it crashed through them, splashinf over the floor as if nothing were ever holding it together.

She turned to try something else, when something rocked the boat. Soemthing big had smacked the hull, and Pala was shook, barely able to keep her footing. She wobbled, and then slid on the wet deck. The next thing she knew, the world had turned upside down, and all of a sudden all that once wonderful water came rushing up towards her - with whatever had knocked the boat still nearby.

245Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:09 pm

SilverDragonetsu

SilverDragonetsu

Nothing she couldn't figure out; he repeated in thought. He would have doubted her, if she wasn't such a smart girl. Chuckling quietly to himself, he leaned forward on his knees. Grinning as she curled beside him. The cheerful expression only lasted so long, though. Souring as she asked him his own question.

He'd thought he'd forgotten the churning sickness, but once it was mentioned, he felt the bile crawling up the back of his throat again. Salty, bitter saliva burned under his tongue like a wayward warning. Swallowing hard, he tried to forget the creeping taste of his stomach. Cautiously replying the to the young woman.
"....Mhm. Of course, I'm fine. never felt better. The water is....refreshing."

The boat gave a sudden lurch. Fingers digging into his knees, Coden tried very hard not to vomit as his stomach mimicked the motions of the boat; double fold.
He should be worrying about the state of the boat and the locations of his companions; more over Gale. He was presently more worried about humiliating himself in front of Alexis over a little stomach sickness.

246Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:05 pm

Ice-Spirit Phoenix

Ice-Spirit Phoenix
Admin

Angelique had completely ignored the cart's other inhabitant, even when he'd flapped his wing in some sort of warning. Making herself comfortable, she lay there, mind restless. She couldn't for the life of her figure out what that odd sensation had been earlier, of a thought that she just couldn't reach, and for a while this occupied her mind. That is, until the boat gave a sudden lurch.

Groaning, Angelique sat up. "Let me guess...someone from our party." Nearly ripping the tarp aside, she jumped out of the wagon, making a beeline for Alexis and Coden. "What is going on here?"

It was at that moment that what appeared to be a sea serpent appeared out of the water, spraying the deck as it loomed above them. With screams of panic, the refugees began to run, trying to get as far away from it as they could while the deck hands and crew began moving as well.

It took a moment for Angelique to find her voice as she watched the gigantic jaws snapping at passengers, the boat rocking ominously.

A weak "Oh dear..." was all she managed to get out before sitting down rather hard against the deck. "I believe we're all about to be eaten."

247Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:14 pm

Unknown-Variable

Unknown-Variable

The boat rocked and lurched, screams echoing from outside. HE could no longer sleep, instead darting from the cart as it fell over. There was a familiar scream as the farmer, who lacked Gale's dexterity, fell as well.

There was not even a second of a pause as the boy darted out for the man. He had given them a ride, he had given them food. He was not a bad man.

Fingers reached out, grasping onto his shirt as the boat lurched. Tumbling, both were tossed into the air. The boy thought they were going to fall into the water, were going to fall victim to being unable to swim. But his other hand was able to grasp onto the railing and, after throwing the farmer up, the boy hoisted himself up as well.

Coden. Alexis. Where were they? Scanning through the crowd and pressing himself up against the side of the railing so he didn't get crushed he was finally able to hear them. he cacophony of the crowd didn't help at all. But he darted above and through the crowds and to their side.

248Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:25 pm

Kosumosu

Kosumosu

Alexis jolted up as the creature broke the surface, hands firmly keeping the rather sick looking Coden still as people began to run around. “Stay here or go below decks… Ok?” She knew he couldn’t swim, and she didn’t want him going overboard in the next few minutes… She decided that she really really hated boats…

A sense of urgency was overtaking her, as she looked at the options. Some of the earthbenders seemed to start attacking the giant sea serpent, as the refugees sought shelter below decks. Towards the side, several people seemed to be shouting about someone falling overboard… Which normally wasn’t her most pertinent thought in this kind of situation… But they mentioned a waterbender…. The only people she knew on this ship that were able to manipulate water in any extent were Pala and Angelique… and that had been where Pala had been showing off before….

Cursing to herself she raced off, snatching a rope and lightweight crate from the random debris left behind in the panic. Making her way past the people towards the edge of the boat she confirmed her worry. Tying the rope as fast as she could, she threw the box towards Pala “Grab on!” Alexis yelled over the noise, trying to get a firm footing on the deck just as a hard yank started to drag her towards the edge. She leaned back and began to pull, did Pala get a hold of it? She hoped she did, otherwise something else was trying to yank her over the side...

Last edited by Kosumosu on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

249Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:48 am

jared-hai is amazing

jared-hai is amazing

She was engulfed in confusion and terror, unable to breath, unable to gain control - the sheer fear held her elementalism back, forcing it to remain useless as she struggled with her surrounding catastrophe. Unable to magic her way out, she feebly kicked, managing to push herself to the surface. She looked around, for some hope of escape, and found a rope dangled over the edge. Swinging her arms with no grace whatsoever, she somehow managed to flail her way towards it, and latched on as she was pulled up. clambering oer the edge, coughing, she looked up at her saviour.
"Alexis..."

250Last Airbender - Page 10 Empty Re: Last Airbender Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:54 pm

SilverDragonetsu

SilverDragonetsu

Stay here? While a sea monster was trying to sink the ship he was staying on? Hell no! The boat lurched again and the gyspus stumbled away from his seat. Rail to his stomach as he let go of everything he had and had not eaten in the past day or so.

He felt so much better after hanging onto that rail, heaving the contents of his empty stomach. Pure acids and digestive juices emptied into the sloshing waters below. Hanging limp on the rail, He glanced irritatedly over his shoulder, watching as the creature continued it's mayhem on the boat. He should probably help with that. Granted he didn't want to drown, but he'd drown if the other benders on the boat didn't take care of it soon.

"Hell if I'm going down with the ship. I'm no captain...", he grumbled to himself. Staggering to his feet, Coden wobbled across the deck. Just a little bit tipsy from his dry heaving. At least there wasn't anything left in his stomach to make him sick again...

Stabilizing himself, Coden dipped down and found himself a rope. Nice and long. Swaying, he tied it Around his waist. Then stuffed the armload of it's slack into the nearest earth benders arms. "You....Hold this..." He slurred, wiping a residue from the corner of his mouth. He began to walk way from the confused patron when he turned and confronted them again. "Oh yeah....Don't let go...." And he walked away again, leaving the bender simply dumbfounded as to what he Coden was doing.

His grip tightened on the bundled of slack when he noticed Coden, albeit unsteadily, charge across the deck and launch himself off the ship, onto the back of the sea monster.
It was most certainly a good thing he was just a little bit disoriented from his sickness. Or else the poor man might be freaking out over his present stunt. 'There better be a good blood show in this...or I'm going to be really...upset...', he thought to himself, using his tendrils as hand leverages to climb slowly to the head of the water beast.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum